(Excerpts from …) Ways to Keep Christ in Christmas
By Mary Fairchild, About.com Guide
Corrie Ten Boom, a Christian who survived extreme brutality in a German concentration camp after rescuing many Jews from certain death during the Nazi Holocaust, was later able to say, “Forgiveness is to set a prisoner free, and to realize the prisoner was you.”
Perhaps your gift will be to commit to spending time with God daily. Or maybe there is something God has asked you to give up. Make this your most important gift of the season.
2) Set aside a special time to read the Christmas story in Luke 1:5-56 through 2:1-20. Consider reading this account with your family and discussing it together.
3) Plan a project of good will this Christmas:
4) Give a surprise gift of service to each member of your family:
5) Set aside a time of family devotions on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning:
6) Attend a Christmas church service together with your family:
If you are alone this Christmas or don’t have family living near you, invite a friend or a neighbor to join you.